View post (Boss gt8 or Pod XT Live)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
02/16/2007 7:34 pm
I owned a GT8 for about 6 months but sold it to a friend. I've played the PodXT a few times and it seems quite a bit better...

The tones of the GT8 always seemed too processed. I couldn't seem to dial in very organic and natural type tones... It was also hard to get a very heavy sounding distortion for metal... The tone always seemed thin without a lot of low end...

Since then I've purified my chain by getting rid of all the digital processing unit that I had... The only thing I still own that can be considered a "multi effects processor" in the true sense of the term is my little DigiTech RP80... which I have about 30 tones on that all sound awesome in comparison to any multieffects processor... I would recommend the Line6 products when it comes to effects processors... Boss does a much better job at pedals in general... Any individual effects that Boss makes are gauranteed to be killer effects pedals.... I almost want to get try out one of their ME-50's since they don't use processors to model amps..... It's kind of pointless to run an amp model through an already expensive amp....

In the end I'd say go with the PodXT... the Boss just didn't cut it for me...

You might also want to check out the new GNX 3000 from DigiTech... supposedly they have been doing wonders with tube modeling... They're suppose to model tube amps in all circumstances with different power levels and drive settings and saturations... I want to check one out ASAP...

Something else worth giving a gander might be the Vox ToneLab...

What kind of music do you like to play??

The Boss GT8 is good for prog rock and synth type stuff but not much else... The other units are all better suited for rock, blues, and metal.