View post (Big bad bridges)

View thread

force_of_shred
force_of_shred
02/18/2007 7:27 am
yeah playing with it strapped higher works the same as sitting for me, as in id use my actual palm for "palm mutes" instead of my right pinkie finger which is how id normally play standing up.

however i think I've found something interesting.It only takes like a one millimeter lift off the body to solve this problem. I stuck a piece of very thin black foam and it seems to make a world of difference, but still ain't the greatest.

Another thing I think is interesting is that I believe that those sweat bands that James Hetfield has switched to recently(the thicker ones that have a Metallica logo) would at least in my situation solve the problem, because my arm or wrist really doesn't need to be lifted that much. I'm a fan but id feel to much a wannabe wearing that.
It's so odd that I can't think of something that would fix this problem and even look cool as well,it makes it difficult cause anything pasted to an older wood grain guitar is gonna look lame.

Anyway thanks for all your input guys
If anyone has any other suggestions I'm still looking for something more permanent and cool. :cool:
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock