View post (pop, soda, coke???)

View thread

polansky
polansky
02/10/2007 4:28 am
Rusty

I work in advertising and I'm pretty aware of the power of advertising and comunication media, so... as you can see "coke" it's pretty common, but take a second and think how many time you get to see some add (print, web, TV or radio) in one day?... that is called a "hit" so you get so many hits a day that you relate the product to the brand.

Many products have that.. for instance, the machines that "repair" the ice in the hockey arenas are comonly called "samboni" or "THE samboni" but Samboni is the brand, not the machine and it's called like that even if is not made by samboni, or Jacuzzi, the real name is hot tub or hidromasage tub Jacuzzi is a brand too... so you get the picture.

Soda for instance is a generic way (if you ask me is the way to go) and some people prefere other flavor of soda besides cola (perhaps for the caffeine issue) so they don't use Coke anymore cause they are not using the brand.

And pop... there I'm lost... it's like old fashioned isn't it?, Soda pop I think it was the whole description name, but why people use that... I really don't know. :confused:
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.