View post (Are Marshalls overated?)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
02/09/2007 12:59 pm
Originally Posted by: polanskyThank everyone who posted... Vox sound good too and those I can get to test here in México, I'll check em out, the other thing is I do have a POD Xt live so in that way, a type of PA amps could be a good way too.

The thing that I don't know right now is... A Line 6 Sipider would model my allready modelled sound?, are best complements cause they come from the same company?.... :confused:

Thanks

If you use the features on your PODxt Live a lot without touching your amp too much you might want to check into getting a 2x12 cabinet and a power amp.... and just using your PODxt as the preamp... Which is usually the better way to hear any multi effects processor... An amp like a mesa, marshall, or fender will all make your pod sound differently... Meaning... when you dial in a killer tone using a JCM model and you play it through a Fender... It's going to sound like a JCM playing through a Fender... not a true JCM... With a power amp you bypass the colorization of an amps preamp and use the pure tone of your PODxt... You could get a cheap 2x12 cabinet and swap out the speakers for some nice ones that compliment your tone they way that you want it to as well... It's just a more customizable way to go about it... Rather than buying a setup that hundreds of thousands of people already have... you'll have a setup that's pretty unique... That's the best part of being a tone-whore... Going places and getting tone that no one else can get with stock equipment... But like you said... try some amps out. The best thing would be to take your POD into the shops and run it through the amps to see how they react... But you're right... maybe a modeling amp wouldn't be the best way to go since you already have a PODxt...

And you're welcome.