View post (Are Marshalls overated?)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
02/08/2007 9:13 pm
Originally Posted by: polanskyI guess that if I wanna a big sound I should get a big amp, but as I said, I want to get to a especifc level of performance before getting into big buck amps, right now I'm looking to get a combo but maybe a Fender or something round $450... I wanna get some versatil amp that fills my sweet tooth for distortion and at the same time having the option to get a nice bluesy sound... so I guess I have to look hard into that.

line 6 is probably the way to go, man. if your looking for good tone for a price range like that, you'll probably want to head in that direction. i was in your same boat before, and buying my line 6 was a totally awesome move for me. i still use it at shows, actually. hah. the mesa-boogie emulation on their spider II series is badass to say the least. and if your like me, and play many different styles of music, using delay, tremolo and whatnot, its really an excellent option.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE