View post (Are Marshalls overated?)

View thread

polansky
polansky
02/08/2007 4:46 pm
Originally Posted by: renWhen you get there, try lots... I always wanted a boogie... I bought one.... then I sold it again... Now there's an amp that really is overrated IMO...[/QUOTE]

:eek: wow... I didn't see that coming.

[QUOTE=PRSPlaya]If that amp doesn't get heavey enough for you, then you just need to stop playing the guitar!

Or start to do stuff like Jacklyl (you know... those guys who used a chainsaw on stage...) :D

But seriously... thanks for the advice I try to check that peavey... sound like a nice choice.

One more thing Eric.. a friend of mine uses the KB series of Peavy (the ones that are like a small PA system) any coments bout those?

I know they are not proper guitar amps (being a little orthodox bout the tone topic) but they seem to work pretty well with his Zoom pedal (G1u I think it is)... he has a curious theory bout tone, he is confortable with the results of the zoom the only thing he wants is volume to that, but I still think that somehow the gear does help to found things and to shape your "sound", (being the senior founder of the AGCWBLOGTTDRNBDAA, I'm must intrested in your point of view).
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.