View post (Theory links)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
02/10/2007 4:46 am
Originally Posted by: dvenetianYou aren't kidding, that is the most intense Circle of fifths site that I've ever seen!!!!!!! Extremely complexed.[/QUOTE]
That's only his circle of fifths article. He goes into other aspects as well, with an equally complex mathematical analysis...which went even further over my head!
Originally Posted by: dvenetianThe reason I like players who post their theory topics is it allows others who are interested to interact with the topic. Links Don't. Since this is a Guitar forum, the theory relates to those playing guitar, not white or black keys.

Yeah I know what you mean. The zentao.com is from a guitar perspective, which is one reason I'm preferring it even over the more comprehensive animated sites.
[QUOTE=dvenetian]I have benefited greatly from interaction with others in theory because most of it is in easier terms and if you miss something, you can always post a question like "What do you mean by Complementary Intervals"?
I think that some sites offer too much information and it becomes an overload for most, so they tune out on theory, thinking it's too complexed.

Agreed. I'm trying to not bite off more than I can chew at the moment, making sure I fully grasp whatever before moving on. But this will be the one of the 1st places I turn to upon being stuck.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]