View post (Theory links)

View thread

dvenetian
dvenetian
02/10/2007 4:08 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdYeah, initially I wasn't really sure what was out there, but it does seem fairly limited. But I'm already learning a lot though from those.

And since this somewhat related, I also came across this page, where a guy goes way into the circle of fifths. A lot of it goes over my head, or just seems over complicated to be effectively useful, but still kinda interesting.

You aren't kidding, that is the most intense Circle of fifths site that I've ever seen!!!!!!! Extremely complexed.
The reason I like players who post their theory topics is it allows others who are interested to interact with the topic. Links Don't. Since this is a Guitar forum, the theory relates to those playing guitar, not white or black keys.
I have benefited greatly from interaction with others in theory because most of it is in easier terms and if you miss something, you can always post a question like "What do you mean by Complementary Intervals"?
I think that some sites offer too much information and it becomes an overload for most, so they tune out on theory, thinking it's too complexed.