View post (Resolution to the frequent debates about speed)

View thread

PlatonicShred
PlatonicShred
01/28/2007 6:51 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccBut in your previous post you proved Zakk to be a virtuoso yourself, I just pointed it out.

Cheering on at a Metal show is awe, I saw Rob Zombie not too long ago and John 5 went at it and I was in awe, but I wasn't just standing there, I was letting him know how great he is by cheering him on. If a crowd was dead silent while I was playing a solo, I'd be like WTF?

No, I didn't. Zakk Wylde's intonation is not perfect, he can't read music, he doesn't possess the technical facility of a virtuoso, and even for emotion he's not that hot.

So, no I didn't prove him to be anything but a good player who's just not a virtuoso.

You seem to want to put him in as a virtuoso, even though you admit that all his fast licks are just a few pet licks---whereas other guys ((even Yngwie)) have a very large amount of licks they can run at warp speed. He does not have the total control over alternate picking or legato that virtuosos have, another fact admitted by you.

At any point a player is limited, or it is apparent that they are limited--they are not a virtuoso. Yngwie could play anything he wanted to right now. You cannot say the same thing about Zakk.
Back In Black isn't a song. It's a divine call that gets channeled through five righteous dudes every thousand years or so. That's why dragons and sea monsters don't exist anymore.