View post (A new song...)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
01/26/2007 2:11 pm
Originally Posted by: strat-manThat's pretty impressive dude, dunno what was on your mind, but it gives me a feeling of confusion and emptyness, which is good (even if my interpretation is wrong) caus it's conveying a feeling, which is exactly what a song should do.

Yeah, kind of inspired by a situation of breaking up with someone that you live with and having to move out and get a new place... that sort of thing... Didn't really happen to me... in all actuality the idea came to me when I was thinking of the movie "Break Up"........... sad.... I know.

Thanks for the comments Holly... Yeah I know the first one is kind of a niche writing and I feel lame writing that stuff... But that came to me all in one big wave of creativity and I felt good enough about it to actually write it down... Normally those types of songs get shot down in my mind before they even reach a pad of paper... As for the rhyming... it helps me in the writing process to create flow and boundaries for my lines... gives the words a rhythm... When the songs get to the stage of actually being songs I will often change out words and sometimes whole lines fitting the rhythm but more clearly conveying my point without the restrictions of rhyming...

Like I said.... I can't stop... this is just a short thing I wrote in my blog the other day.... just off the top of my head... I guess I have to feed the creative monster while it's here to eat... It's short... but I just added some chords over it and it sounds like it'd be a cool acousticy thing. I'll just have to see if I can add onto it. It's more of a poem...

even the sun shines down
and i find beauty in a rain cloud.
when the storm's movin in.
this heat that rain can cool.
i find beauty in playing the fool.
and the storm's movin in.
thunder is the magic word
better seek shelter little bird
the storm's movin in
in on me.
a storm i want to meet.