View post (Ibanez Jem- Does it get any better??)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
01/18/2007 7:49 pm
Originally Posted by: axemaster911I disagree, I dont think Steve Via would have let his name ride on it if that were the case, and personally I could live without the handle. I thought a guitar counted as gear, if not what do you call it???
No need the be snappie, this is just my personal opinion after many years of trials, and tribulations. And lastly I have owned a strat. I like the Jem. :D

I didn't mean to sound "snappie" I was just stating that the JEM isn't, by my opinion, the one and only guitar on the top of the heap. They're neat gutiars by all means. Tonally... they're not even close to the top of the heap though. Guitars are gear... but you posted in the "Gear Review" forum... read the rules before posting. It's an honest mistake, I understand.

I'm just trying to veer you in a way where you don't have blinders on about gear. A lot of people get infatuated with a piece of gear and miss the fact that there are toooooooooooooooooons of guitars, amps, and pedals out there to give you the sound that you want. I whole heartedly accept your opinion and am in no way trying to tell you that it's wrong. JEMs are nice gutiars.

I guess in the end I would never own a "shred" guitar because I couldn't plug it into my Blues Deluxe and jam with my friends... they'd make fun of me... and I'd also rip my hair out becuase of the tone. Give me a vintage strat anyday. The Schecter C-1 is a gorgeous guitar that's half as much as the JEM... They're set up with low action... they have JB/59 pikcups for excellent tone... they're just really nice guitars. I would rather spend half the money on a C-1 than twice as much on a JEM

"Twice as much ain't twice as good if it can't sustain like one half could"
-John Mayer "Gravity"