View post (My next piece of gear...)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
01/08/2007 4:11 pm
Originally Posted by: x_vince_xHave you tried Line 6 amps?
I really like the flextone III 2x12's, it has built in fx like multiple delays, chorus, flanger and a wide variety of reverb types...
It also stores presets with your fx and amp settings :)
Best of all, you can connect it to your pc and download updates 'n presets hehe...
The one thing I love the most is the fact that its overall awesome for vintage and modern sounds alike!
Let me know :p

We have a Flextone 2 halfstack in our studio with an FB4 pedal... It's a nice amp but The tone isn't genuine. I've played tons of modeling amps and I've been impressed with many of them... But no matter how hard a solid state amp tries... it just can't duplicate tube tone in all aspects. Most (99.9%) of modeling amps are designed on the basis of a mic'd version of whatever amp is being modeled... You hear whatever the amp sounds like at a certain saturation level and nothing else... You don't get the reaction of a real tube amp to different saturation levels and so on...

My motto is: If you want the real thing, play the real thing. Anything else is just an imposter.

Modeling amps are very very nifty, don't get me wrong. They pack more bang for your buck than any other amp out there... giving a lot of tonal possibilites... But the SuperSonic gives you the circuitry of a tube amp with vintage and modern settings... Something that you can't find anywhere else. The Line 6 amps are awesome for players looking for a great amp on a low budget... But if you got the cash, there's no substitute for the real thing.