View post (My next piece of gear...)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
12/29/2006 2:27 pm
So I've been really looking hard for a new amp... I'm in one of those ruts that's not so much a product of my inability to get better... but the inability to better my tone. I've been stuck with the same tone and same gear for so long I feel like I'm locked in a tiny little box and inside of the tiny little box everything is in black and white. I've searched high and low for that piece of gear that jumps out at you... Where the balance between the weight of the price tag far outweighs the amount of gear that you get... Normally you can't find a piece of gear with a main brand name like Gibson, Fender, Mesa, or Marshall that falls in that category... but I think I have... and I'm pretty damn excited about it...

I've been to two different Guitar Centers and a Sam Ash and have played every amp in both facilities with my number one strat in tow and I hadn't found quite what I was looking for in an amp...

I started ruling modeling amps out after I realized that I am passed that stage in my guitar playing career that I know what I want... and I have a GT-8 with an extensive list of amp models... normally I only use 2 or 3 of the 50 some that they offer... But why use a JCM amp model when I have the real thing.... I have a JCM 800.... arguably one of the best amps ever made... doesn't get the clean setting... and that's why I have my trusty Fender Blues Deluxe....... one of the best clean sounds I have ever heard.... You're probably asking why I feel restricted with this gear?? Yeah, it's perfect for a gig... but when I'm at home I don't want to be stuck in a single room with cords running everywhere and having to do a little finger dance with the knobs to dial in perfect tones that compliment each other on two draaaasssstically different amps......... I'm basically looking for an all in one that can replace both of these amps... After searching high and low I've struck gold..... or atleast honey blonde:

http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2160500400

It's a new/newer amp from Fender... It's 60W of tube tone with 2 seperate channels... One is a vintage channel with the tones.... You can switch between the voicing of a Vibrolux or a Bassman.... and the other channel is a "Burn" channel with great distortion.... The "burn" channel has two gain knobs... one for the amp gain... and one for tube saturation. The range of tones is amaaaazing. It gets that Fender clean sound I want... and it grinds along with my JCM... I can't decide whether to go for the 1 12 combo or go for the half stack though........ I most likely will sell off my JCM... probably keep my Blues Deluxe since it was my first REAL amp.... But with the money left over from my JCM I can probably afford to change the 1 12 Celestion Vintage 30 out with an Eminence.... It should greatly help the "Burn" Channel........ I'm so f'n excited to get this amp... I've been longing for a simplified setup........ and a simplified setup with the built options of switching between the tube voicing of a Bassman and a Vibrolux on the clean channel... then kicking in a killer distorted or overdriven tube channel is what I want..... and it's what I'm going to get!!! Anyone else checked these amps out?? If you're like me and you appreciate the Vintage tones but want that bitey modern tone... I highly recommend this amp... Best thing to come out of Fender in a looooong time.