View post (Playing multiple instruments)

View thread

Krunek
Krunek
12/04/2006 5:39 am
Originally Posted by: 40ftsmurfHere is an inventory of instruments in our house. (you can sing this to "The Twelve Days of Christmas" if you want).
6 guitars, two mandolins, two fiddles, 1 upright bass, 1 piano, 1 keyboard, and 1 clarinet. There are 4 of us that play music. We all play all the instruments. I think playing different instruments helps your playing ability. It really helps when playing in a group to understand more about what other players are doing.

Cool. Fiddle is a violin, right? Someone once told me that a violin is a queen of instruments... something like athletics in sport. Myself, I play all kind of stringed instruments that have frets... I also own a mandolin...But I don"t think that is much of an achievement, cause if you play guitar, you pretty much know how to play all string instruments...The thing I never played, but would love to try, is a banjo. Very rare in our country...What is the thing with the upper strind that goes only to about half of tne neck? For playing bass part or? Anyhow, aside the string instruments, I play a trumpet. Not so great at it, but...Playing multiple instruments can really help you do evolve as a musician, indeed. :)