View post (Ibanez vs. Fender)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
09/02/2001 10:27 pm
every instrument has its good qualities, it's all a matter of preference. fender has benn making great guitars for fiftey years, so has gibson, i don't know how long ibanez has been around, but some some of their guitars are of high quality. everyone has their own personal choice. Jow Satriani and Steve Vai like ibanez, Eddie Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen, Ritchie Blackmore, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and others like fenders, while John Petrucci likes Ernie Ball, and Carlos Santana likes PRS, and still many people like Slash love Gibsons.

if you don't like a brand, it doesn't mean they suck, it just means that you prefer another kind. i personally don't like ibanez's neck and the sound i got when i played my friends ibanez, to me, didn't even come close to my telecaster. but that's just me. i don't go around saying ibanez sucks, just because i don't like them.

also Korn's music can be played on any kind of guitar, if you check out the issue of guitar world where it's tabbed, you'll find it's tabbed on a six string.

To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By