View post (Altering pickups)

View thread

pure
pure
10/05/2006 11:58 pm
Originally Posted by: OSdaveAnother (easier) thing you can do is adjust the polepieces on the humbucker - that is, if your humbucker has adjustable poles. Typically, one of the coils will have screwheads on the polepieces. Adjusting the bass side polepieces (low E) will increase the bass, the middle polepieces will increase the mids, and the treble (high e) the highs. In reality, you aren't really adjusting the tone, but rather the output of the individual strings by adjusting the corresponding polepiece, ie, if you raise the low side polepieces up high, and the high side polepieces low, you will hear the bass strings more. The good thing is, it's all easily reversible...

yea thanks, i've done this one before and i really liked the results. and in fact its more complicated than it seems because if you raise the screws too much, it completely flips the effect.. like if i raise the high string screws a little too high, it will become more mid-bassy than trebley.

what will happen if i flip the neck humbucker around? how about the bridge humbucker? how will it effect the tone?
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks