View post (It comes down to the slim neck and 24.75 scale)

View thread

Bluesman Jack
Bluesman Jack
10/22/2006 12:16 pm
Is it Seymore Duncan that makes pickups for Godin? I knew it was either them or Dimarzzio. I've got a friend Forrest Mcdonald, www.forrestmcdonald.com, that used to give me lessons on occasion. He tried it out and couldn't believe how much more active the pickups were than the ones in his 72 strat. He hit one note and had to roll back the volume on it to get it at the same level as his strat on the same amp settings. Check out his web site. His "15 minutes of fame" is playing the lead part on Bob Seagers "Old time rock and roll" from the Stranger in Town album. He's also jammed with Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck, together. When he was younger he said him and Robin Trower used to sit around and jam Hendrix tunes together and he still keeps in touch with him. The guy lives down the road from me. I was coaching rec. soccer and his son was on my team. He ended up being my asst. coach. The next thing I knew, I was playing again after 25 years!!! He's the featured lead guitarist for just about everybody in blues when they come to Atlanta. I've seen play afew times with E.G. Kight when she comes to town. Incredible blues guitarist.