View post (Possible to use talk box without mic?)

View thread

clone_tk422
clone_tk422
09/26/2006 11:40 pm
Hi All,

Looking at getting a talk box and deciding between the heil and the rocktron banshee.

Banshee would be good as its easier to setup and doesnt even need an amp but I thought since they are the same price the heil would be the better option as its the original talk box and the one used by the pros so you should have more chance of getting the same sounds??

Anyway I saw this youtube video of this kid using the rocktron and he doesnt even need a mic as its loud enough from the pedal itself to be heard in a small room. I am in the same situation as well I am just playing in a room by myself so I am wondering will the heil talk box also sound as loud by itself if i dont have a mic?

Also I only have a small 15w amp it doesnt have a seperate amp head and speaker, its all in one. It has a line out and a headphones out, are either of these outputs sufficient for the heil talk box or do i really need a seperate amp head with a speaker output?

Thanks

BTW youtube video is at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PuZcSxnr69w with the kid using the rocktron without mic