View post (Uninspired to play)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
09/18/2006 10:23 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraYup, and it's especially hard when you can't physically play!

I think sometimes you just have to count your blessings; I can't play due to tendonitis, whereas other people, even if they are uninspired, can still atleast play without causing damage to their hands.

Having said that, it is possible to have a legit bad day on guitar where it seems like you've just unlearnt everything; that can be pretty uninspiring to say the least.

i can relate to that as well. im not sure if i have "tendonitis" or "CTS", mostly becuase i dont want to go to a doctor and get it checked out, but ill have that same problem. the worst thing in the world is to physically not be able to play over something as stupid as wrist problems. its not always stinging, either. sometimes it just feels like i hit my funnybone, but in my wrist. hah. luckilly, its not a heavilly-occuring thing, but its no joke when your a working musician/music major who wants to make a living with guitar. scary ****.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE