View post (Music theory)

View thread

jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
09/07/2006 4:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Lao_Tzui mean stuff like ur word diatonic and i dont pay for the facilities on this site music should be free for everyone :)

I agree to some extent. Pointers, help and general knowledge should be free. That's why I like the open exchange of forums and blogs.

But the instructors here take large amounts of their time to help create not just tabs and essays, but recording the sound files and in some cases videos to help.

This is above and beyond just answering a post and giving pointers.

Here's a "real world" take on this. You have some buddies that you ocasionally hang out and jam with. You sometimes get shown or show someone else a lick, chord whatever. All good, that is what playing with others is supposed to do help each other grow as musicians.

Now if you were to go and pick one of those peole and ask them to start showing you "stuff" on a regular basis then that person (if they accept) will have to set aside a specific time of their day and as to show you the proper respect makes sure that they keep that time open and free (no, let me cancell cause my favorite TV show is coming on, or I don't feel like doing it today etc.) that time now has value to that person. By accepting the agreement and the payment for each lesson that time now has value to you also and you will take it more seriously.

I am not a subscriber nor an instructor for this site. I find the services valuable that are offered and think that for some this fits their needs and budget.

I am a member becuase the community here is open, honest, and tends to stick towards helping others instead of making them feel like idiots if they do not know anything or have a "simple/stupid" question. This site, to me, promotes the pursuit of knowledge and offers the means for anyone in the world to learn from others and share ideas and feedback.

I feel the same way about tab sharing (should be free) or music sharing (to an extent). They are ways of exchanging music, ideas, and knowledge.

I'll get off my sopabox now :)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]