View post (I have a body for a guitar... don't know much else)

View thread

ren
ren
08/30/2006 1:49 pm
you could glue in a neck, but you might need to cut a bit more wood out of the neck pocket to increase the surface area for the glue - depends how 'handy' you are with that kind of stuff. The neck needs to fit tight in the body. As soon as you start removing wood, you run the risk of getting the neck pitch wrong.... as a first attempt I'd suggest sticking with the bolt on approach unless you're confident with wood working...

On removing the paint, if it is surface and not stained, you should be able to use Nitromores or similar paint stripper. You could also heat gun it and scrape it, or sand but you'd probably lose some of the wood as well in doing that. Also depends what you'll re-finish it with. You could just sand it back a bit and spray over if using a solid colour. It's alot like furniture making in most respects... The hardest part is going to be making the neck, as the body is already there that should be (comparitively) easy ish.

And on the guitar's identity - I'm with 6strings.....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com