View post (One Year Since Katrina)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
08/29/2006 2:10 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovIt should have been, but I'm afraid it's been totally (and tragically) missed.

Louisiana government -- from the State to the Municipal level -- is rotten with corruption.

THAT'S what went wrong.

part of what went wrong.

the other parts were an education system that didn't live up to its end of the bargain and produced mostly functionless people and a welfare system that created spoiled brats without the aesthetic of being rich...just the mentality of being owed everything and the mentality that they should always be taken care of. but then again, some of it is just stubbornness that comes with too much time in the city and too fading of a memory, if any, of hurricane betsy...or maybe they went through betsy and figured they could go through another harsh storm...

so my question on the first two is how does one go about fixing these problems....they're well set in motion and obviously the government has no intent on solving the problem.

oh yeah...another thing i missed....the area i live in has clubs. like...preppy gangsta raver cokehead clubs. new orleans had more jazz clubs, dive bars, and coffeehouses. still trying to find a good coffee house out here...especially if there's one open very late.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.