View post (7 Sound Strats)

View thread

AtomicMassUnit
AtomicMassUnit
06/15/2000 4:39 am
Well, you see, it was simple. First, buy an On/Off switch from radio shack. then, you start. A standard 5way switch for a Strat can be changed a bit. Just unhook the wire from from the toggle switch (it's the yellow wire) that goes to the middle pickup. Then, take the white wire from the bridge pickup off of the toggle swtich and put it where the yellow one was. Now, your toggle switch will work like this (from front to back): Neck, Neck+Bridge, Bridge, and OFF. Then drill a hole in your pickguard big enough for the on/off switch you bought to fit through it. (I just used my trusty knife) Take the middle pickup wire (the yellow one) and send it to the switch. take the switch's output and send it to your volume knob's input. And, Ta Daa! now you can turn on the middle pickup at any time. now you have the standard 5 strat sounds, plus the Telecaster sound (bridge+neck) and SUPER CLUCK (all 3 pickups). Yeah, i did it myself. While i was doing it, i installed some Texas Specials in the old strat too. Sounds nifty. Pickup installation is very easy, even when you get detailed like coil splitting and push/pull pots and such. i also like to pump up wah wah pedals and do things like that. i think im the only guy who carries a soldering gun in the car. Well, geez that was long enough. y'all be good.

Atomic