View post (distortion, amps, and you)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/14/2000 6:29 am
As far as seperate pedals go, I haven't really used em for a long time. The only thing I have now is an old wah pedal called Mister Cry Baby. It's great but you always have to remember to unplug from the thing or it drains your battery.
I used to have the standard Boss Overdrive, Chorus, Compressor etc, but I lucked out & got a used Boss ME-5 Multi Effects pedal real cheap that has absolutely everything you need. You can emulate any amp or sound and midi it up so you don't have to punch pedals all the time.
If you're lucky enough to have a drummer that plays to a midi click track, you can pre-program all your patch changes ahead of time & just concentrate on playing.
I assume there's newer, more techno stuff out there like rack mounts etc, but I like the option of going back to pedals whenever I want. If you check out a muti pedal at a music store, take a pair of headphones with you so you can listen to the different sounds and experience em in stereo, see how much noise each sound produces & how sensitive the controls are. (besides you can wail away without the salespeople giving you the evil eye for playing Eruption or Stairway to Heaven).

Peace & Grooviness
schmange
wavelength@tvo.org

Friday, April 14, 2000
2:27:03 AM