new here

earthman buck
earthman buck
08/07/2006 10:03 pm
Originally Posted by: KrunekIt is true... And not just kissers... :D ;)

Now I'm imagining you and Louis Armstrong doing..... things.

Thanks, man, I really needed that. *shudder*
# 1
metalshadow
metalshadow
08/08/2006 2:27 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaWelcome to our humble abode. I used to play the trumpet when I was much younger. I always heard that trumpet players were the best kissers. Not sure how true that is, but I'd like to think there's some truth in it ;)

That's what they say. It's because we can move our tongues in ways that would probably blow your mind. I can move mine so fast that it ofen goes numb on me.
# 2
metalshadow
metalshadow
08/08/2006 2:32 am
Originally Posted by: KrunekMine looks like someone tossed it from 6th floor... :D
But it serves the purpose. Tone is pretty much ok, maybe a little bright, but all together, it is ok. I make money with it, so...
I am from Croatia. Central Europe, that would be. Of course, cheap is a very subjective term... When I saed expensive, I meant compared to other firms that make wind instruments. Trombones made by Yamaha are especially expensive here.

My grandmother went on a missionary trip there. I saw some great pics of that place. I wish I could play for money. There are no jazz or blues clubs close enough to me.
# 3
Krunek
Krunek
08/08/2006 4:17 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckNow I'm imagining you and Louis Armstrong doing..... things.

He-he... ;)
# 4
metalshadow
metalshadow
08/08/2006 4:26 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckNow I'm imagining you and Louis Armstrong doing..... things.

Well, I won't be able to listen to louie in the same way for a while!!
# 5
Krunek
Krunek
08/08/2006 4:28 am
Originally Posted by: metalshadowMy grandmother went on a missionary trip there. I saw some great pics of that place. I wish I could play for money. There are no jazz or blues clubs close enough to me.

Missionary trip? Uhm, that would be Međugorje. Yeah, it is nice there. As for playing for money, I dont play jazz or blues. It just doesnt passes round here. I play weddings and stuff. And although some people say they would never do that on a count of being humiliating or something, I kind of like it.
You don"t have to practice a lot (not that I practice much trumpet anyway ;) ). The tunes are relatively simple. And the bridesmates, oh, brother... ;) . Anyhow try that if it passes round there. Around here, that is about the only way you can earn something from music. We do play biker meetings and rock gigs too, but the wedding pay off so much better. 5:1, I would say.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.