View post (IQ test)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
08/04/2006 12:32 pm
Yeah. alucard is right. Your age must be known to truely measure your IQ... and most IQ testing is done when a child is between the age of 4 and 9. Age is important to an IQ test because the younger you are, the more impressionable your mind is... As we get older our minds slowly begin to lose th ability to grasp new concepts... Hence why old people can't figure out new technology... like how your mom and dad don't know how to work the DVD player or work an internet search engine. Young minds have the ability to grasp concepts faster because the brain tissue is constantly in growth... and can be stimulated much easier. Normally IQ's go down with age... Throughout the years people tend to gain more knowledge... but the IQ test isn't meant to measure how much you know about something... It's suppose to measeure your ability to use logical reasoning skills, solve problems that aren't common... mainly to use the parts of the brain that aren't used when you have to memorize 20 vocabulary words for an English test... People with high IQ's are different from people that get good grades in school. Take me for example... I was a C/B student... took my SAT's... got a 1310... which my counselor thought was strange for a B/C student to get that high of a score... They accused me of cheating... made me do it again... Only this time I studied...... got a 1390. They gave me an IQ test... administered for free by the SAT people... turns out my IQ is 155... weird... Too bad I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I have a little plaque and everything that they sent me afterwards... it's in the bottom drawer of my dresser...