View post (Alice in chains is better than nirvana)

View thread

metalshadow
metalshadow
08/08/2006 12:18 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanThere is a lot of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain instilled in Silverchair... but I like them a TON more than Nirvana. To me, they take what Nirvana was and put it at that next level. And yes, I'll take credit for mentioning them. haha.

To comment on what acapella said about people disliking Nirvana because everyone likes him. I think that's true to an extent. Most people that like technical bands like Dream Theatre, for example, dislike Nirvana. Mosyl becaue subconsiously they can't understand why a band like Nirvana and a simplistic style of music like grunge could be so popular where as a great band like Dream Theatre is largely a cult favorite without mass popularity.

I never said I don't listen to Nirvana from time to time... I own the Unplugged album and the Live From The Muddy Banks of The Wishkah (or whatever it is)... I've always thought that there were much better bands out there... and I've always been more of a Pearl Jam fan than a Nirvana fan specifically...

It's all a matter of taste though... just like sooooooo many other topics.

Dude, mad respect for bringin up Theatre. Gotta love them.

And you had the Wishkah thing right. I love that album. Along with the unplugged, they are nirvanas best work. And In Utero.
I also agree with your Pearl Jam sentiments. They continue to amaze me to this day.