View post (Best bands active today)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
08/14/2001 3:36 am
U2, it's nice to use them as an example of what a solid foundation should be all about. They're still going just as strong as they were in the early eighties, which I consider to be pretty amazing.

With a lot of the new bands that are coming out today, it's safe to say that they don't know whether or not they are coming or going, and with a lot of the bands who started in the eighties, well they are aren't quite sure what's more important selling records or maintaining their integrity. The thing is that too many musicians tend to get greedy very easily, wher they forget why they got into the business to begin with. It's great when you have piles of money, and ten record executives in your corner, but as "musicians" it's important to be able to think fo yourself, thinking in terms of longevity instead of instant success. To be honest, I have no idea what some of the top musicians of today are think as of late.

Radiohead, these guys are great, and truly innovative. Although their music isnt very guitar oriented as of late, they have proved that they don't need to use the guitar as a crutch, where it's not the only outlet for their creativity. These guys have gotten in touch with themselves, and they have truly discovered their sweet spot. When I go to a concert, I like to feel inspired, and it's such a wonderful experience when the musicians are outspoken in more ways than one...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."