Global Warming Debate

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/13/2006 3:00 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdRight...and the computer you're on is solar powered I presume? :rolleyes:

Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If we use solor panels instead of shingles for rooves, that could help.

I'm gonna throw out there that the number of hurricanes per year hasn't grown, but the strength of them has.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/13/2006 3:33 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccI'm gonna throw out there that the number of hurricanes per year hasn't grown, but the strength of them has.

And just to play advocate again, the hurricane expert linked to above absolutely disagrees...in his statement, look under the heading, Determination of Hurricane Intensity.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/13/2006 3:53 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdAnd just to play advocate again, the hurricane expert linked to above absolutely disagrees...in his statement, look under the heading, Determination of Hurricane Intensity.

Sorry, which link is it. :o
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/13/2006 4:16 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdAnd here is his more in-depth statement to the Senate:CLICKY

Yep.........
[/FONT]
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/13/2006 7:32 pm
That is a pretty good point, how technology is a lot better and can be more precise as to how strong the storm is.

With huricanes though, the warmer the water, the stronger they will be. If the global temperature average has only risen (I think) 1* in the last 30 years, then hurricanes can't be gettin stronger. But theres a difference between the ocean getting warmer vs. the climate. There could be underwater geisers pumping out hot water (seen about on a documentary) that can cause the ocean temp to rise which would help the hurricanes. The underwater geisers would have nothing to do with "global warming."

Myspace
# 5
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/28/2006 2:46 am
I almost apologized for bringing this thread back again, but I won't. If you're bored/tired of this issue, you can unsubscribe from the thread. This issue is constantly evolving, or at least my understanding of it. So...I felt I should share a Senator's speech he gave just this week about the issue that covers nearly every issue raised here so far. It's good common sense, with ground to stand on. It's quite lengthy, but has facts and links for further in depthness, so read at your leisure.

U.S. Senator's Speech
[/FONT]
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.