View post (Global Warming Debate)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
08/09/2006 11:29 am
Originally Posted by: KoreldyreGlobal warming is very real and very threatening

The highest global temperatures ever recorded in history were broken consecutively 4 out of the last 5 years. One right after the next.

The polar caps at the North and South are both melting and permanently losing megatons of landmass every day.

Sea levels ARE rising.

Increased severity of hurricanes and droughts HAVE been connected to the climate changes.

Largely because the ground we stand on is only seperated by a few 100 miles of crust from a large molten lava core. If you're wondering where the heat is coming from.... I think that might be a good source...?? Or what about the gigantic ball of burning gas that heats our planet everyday... you know... the Sun?? I think that's pretty hot too...

Everyone gets all data happy about this subject. Sure, you're showing me a bunch of recorded data about how the Earths temp is rising... You know what I will show you... The starting date that those recording where FIRST taken... MOST likely they were started in the last 100 years... This Earth is, if carbon dating is in fact a science... thousands upon thousands of years old. That data gives roughly a 0.0001% representative sample of the Earths temperatures. Not exactly a good amount of representative coverage to assume that the Earth is suddenly melting... Whose to say that this doesn't happen every hundred years or so...?

When you take your temperature when you're feeling sick... and it's above 98.6 degrees (or whatever that is in Celcius)... do you assume that your body temperature has never been that high before in your life just because you don't have recorded data to back it up??? I don't think so... Just because someone starting writing down the Earths temperature doesn't mean that it's never been this hot before. I think everyone wears blinders becasue they have all this solid evidence by numbers that only shows us 0.0001% of a representative sample... not hardly enough evidence to convince me that we actually have control over this situation... We don't tell Mother Nature what to do... she pretty much does whatever the F she wants... As has been evident through all the natural disasters throughout history