View post (Global Warming Debate)

View thread

ren
ren
07/24/2006 1:52 pm
On climate change:

I can't tell if it's nostalgia talking, but in my memory the UK summers used to last longer and be like a summer, and it used to snow in winter. Now it seems we can have similar weather all year 'round, with seasonal extremes as appropriate - heat in summer, snow in winter, rain all the time (!). I know what you mean - to me the seasons all seem to be running late. Spring didn't arrive until May, and then it's summer by June....

On class divides, I refuse to believe that what you can or cannot do is based on where you come from. I am from a middle class family and have 2 brothers. My older brother didn't go to uni an is probably bordering on filthy rich. My younger brother did go to uni, but now has a fairly low level job and earns just enough to get by. Both are happy in their worlds.

In my opinion, and it is only opinion, the people you are speaking of who keep doors closed and perpetuate the class divide are very small in number. Most are aging as well.

Money is definitely magnetic - not scientific and no explanation attempted but the more I have, the more I can save, the better deals I get, the more tax I 'avoid' as you so eloquently put it ;) ... anyone explain that? Is it just access to resources? I'm not knowingly in an 'old boy network', but over the years have built up my own contacts and can get work for my business without issue... for which I am thankful and know I am lucky. I definitely don't keep people out, and spend a fair bit of my time explaining to people how they can work like I work if they want...

I think it's like everything else, it's down to application. Just like it isn't the Suhr guitar that makes the virtuoso, it isn't the background or the education that make you rich. Yeah, it helps, but if you don't work at it, you have to be very lucky to get to where you want to go.

make your own luck.... work hard... boring, but true...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com