View post (Global Warming Debate)

View thread

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/22/2006 9:39 pm
Global warming is real, just not as extreme as most people put it. The global temerature average has only gone up 1 degree in the last 20 or so years. Now, the next thing people are tying in global warming with is the melting of polar ice caps. Now, this is my own belief (I swear I didn't read or hear this anywhere,) I think the melting of the ice is from the moving of the tectonic plates and land mass. Anyone remember the name Pangea? Archiologists believe that 225 million years ago, there was a super-continent that they dubbed "Pangea." Through those millions of years, the movement of tectonic plates forced Pangea apart and drifted the continents to their current locations. Now, Anartica is as far south as it can go, as well as the northern polar ice caps. So with the plates still moving and grinding, the only place for the ice to go is north (for Anartica) and south (for the northern ice caps.) So since the first scientist to study and make observations of the ice, to the present day observations and records, the ice has moved from totally north/south to a slightly warmer climate. Since the ice needs a steady freezing temerature, and the sides moving twards the equator are not getting the 30* or less temp, the ice is melting.

Alot of people say the summers are getting hotter, no they're not. We've had a lot worse summers decades ago and we haven't been breaking any heat records (going by my ares weather.)

My 2 pennies.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace