View post (Is this guitar any good?)

View thread

ren
ren
07/11/2006 1:54 pm
Not sure what your budget is, but if you can afford it you want to get a guitar that has as much as possible made from solid wood as opposed to ply. The OG2 by the same manufacturer specifies it has a spruce top, where the OG10CE doesn't, so I would be inclined to think it is ply - don't know for sure though.

The advice anyone would give you is not to buy a guitar off ebay, especially if you're just starting out - you need to get a feel of them... go to a store and try everything you can afford.... it's worth it.

I buy off ebay, and can do my own setup and repair work if necessary. If you're not in the same position, you'll benefit from the backup of a store. If you have problems, ebay is a pain in the ass - at least you'll get warranty from a store...

My first guitar was a $50 classical guitar that was all ply.... worked OK though and no problems as I was learning. I still have it 21 years later, so it can't be that bad. Just buy a guitar man... once you start playing it's easier to figure out what you like and what you don't, and you'll soon be spending all your money on this way of life / hobby / religion / whatever.

Good Luck... :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com