View post (21 Years As Willdridge)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
07/03/2006 12:02 am
Sure this won't interest anyone, but thought I'd drop a line and (hopefully) start an interesting/random discussion...

So today (well, technically at the time of writing yesterday, but given I've not yet gone to bed I consider it the same day) I turned 21. I can now legally drink in most countries across the world, as well as being able to feel like a fully fledged adult in front of my parents. In my head, I'm still sixteen and pretty much living exactly the same lifestyle...

So, onto the topic(s) of discussion...

What was the last age change? I'm not talking about the numerical value of your last birthday, but that last time you felt you'd aged.

Secondly, regardless of your last age change, what do you think you've learnt in the last twelve months?

Between 20 and 21, I think the most important thing I've realised (not necessily learnt, but realised) is anything is possible - no matter what you think the odds of it happening are. If you're prepared to put the effort in, you can achieve anything, from learning that guitar riff to getting over any demons that might've haunted you for years - it's just a matter of how you view it.

Feel free to be as serious/random/comical as you want. I'll just leave you with this thought...

"21?! 21 was always something that happened to other people...when the hell did that happen?!"
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.