View post (Why do Rap artist grab their crotch)

View thread

pure
pure
06/23/2006 4:28 am
Originally Posted by: gogogoAs pure said believe it or not it is a type of cultural thing not crouch grabbin persay but it all comes with the territory like saggin pants baggy clothes expensive jewelry, fancy cars, jus parts of the lifestyle. Old sayin goes if u wanna get in u have to fit in. It's no different IMO than the psychedelic movement of the sixtees, disco of the seventees, ect. There's things that people apart of that seen did then that still baffle me now. I for one sag my pants and wear baggy clothing but it doesn't mean that I can't hold an intelligent conversation with someone or what not its just a choice I make to wear clothing I want and do things other people may not understand. I just think the Rap industry gets a bad reputation based soley on what comes across in videos and/or whats broadcast on television and mainstream media. Just my honest opinion take it or leave it lol :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gogogo again.

PRS i didn't mean culture like that, i meant it's rap culture. its just what they do. like rockers bang their heads. and i have seen rockers grab their crotch so i don't know whats all this against rap. crotch grabbing didn't even come from rap it came from pop.

and btw, some do it just to hold their pants up cause in jail they're not allowed to have belts and they don't like wearing tight pants. and as somebody once said, they try to have a gangster criminal image.

and rap is poetry. MODERN rappers just screwed it up. listen to the older rap you'll find some good poetry. and it wasn't all about cars cash and girls either. it just got screwed up. i myself don't like modern rap as it is, but the older ones are really good. 90's rap. also try reggae. not reggaeton, reggae. you know like matisyahu and them. thats some nice music. just give it a chance. i think the worst kind of musicians are the ones that aren't open to other styles. i'm staying away from this thread.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks