View post (New to GuitarTricks)

View thread

jreach
I am the Great Cornholio!
jreach
I am the Great Cornholio!
06/15/2006 6:03 pm
Hey all:

New to this site. I tried workshop live but cancelled after a month. Just on a quick surface view I can tell that this site has a bit more depth and the licks have more flavor. Looking forward to improving my play style by getting some help from all you veterans out there.

Little background - I play blues/rock mix stuff. Some old 70's easy listening coffee shop stuff. Really into SRV at the moment but have never been a big fender strat fan.

My gear is pretty simple. I have a 97 American Fender Strat Standard, 06 Ibanez GAX70 (main axe at the moment), another Ibanez (Have no clue what model it is...bought it about 15 years ago and it was used back then). A Fender student model acoustic and an Alverez 12 string acoustic. I play through a Peavy Backstage 50 and a PODxt. A few pedals but really don't use them since I got the pod.

I have been playing for 24 years but I honestly am not all that great. I played rhythem most all that time so I am really new to lead stuff which is where my focus is now.

Anyhow, looking forward to using this site. Great layout
I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it. That's technical talk.
—SRV