View post (Chords for blues)

View thread

emmanuel79
emmanuel79
08/07/2001 2:21 pm
Sometimes, yes, people got sick of the same thing they played. What about the others? Probably, they will too. So, I have experienced this kind of situations before how to not make it boring. So, like some of them have posted what should we do in order we don't get boring and get other people boring for what we are going to play. There are many issue of boring, maybe it is the chords progressions and used chords, or maybe it is the scales or maybe it is the tempo of that music, or maybe the drum makes it boring or the bass line etc etc...
Talking about chords that make us sick or maybe always the same thing, there are many ways which you can maximized the chords of blues and what you will play with this chords.Since you know 9th chords, 7th chords, and many other chords... i think you are actually there but seldom people think that blues can play with it. Utilizes everything that you know about chords. Say, the 5th, 6th note can be used for blues scales and even the dimished chords can be used for blues scales. Actually there are many than what I have known. Say, this is in one of Garry More's track, Am-AminMaj7-Amin6, Amin5.... in between this time of frame, you can play play blues scale plus with some harmonic minor scales. This also requires you to master scales not only in blues, but other useful scales which can be fit into all kinds of chords. Creative Blues people always utilizes all kinds of scales they know that can fit into any kind of chords. It is a mistake when you stick into one type of scales and styles of playing. Remeber this, all the roots of rock, metal, punk... all is being improvise from BLUES which is the actuall father of rock and roll and to all other branch of rocks. Sorry if it is too long and no tab included, and we have to do is open our mind and play what ever we want anytime and any mood. This is just a word of motivations and not instructions, thank you.
*Aliens Understand Music*