View post ("And Justice For All" tone)

View thread

TOBMetal2010
TOBMetal2010
06/13/2006 2:30 am
Hey guys my name is Tyler. this is my first post on the site, and hopefully i can get some answers for my question... how can i get metallicas "justice" tone with just a marshall avt50 amp, a BOSS ge-7 equalizer, a digitech df-7 distortion pedal(BOSS metal zone setting) or a digitech death metal distortion pedal, and an ibanez rg320dx with dimarzios pickups? I really want hetfields tone from that album. i know that he used a mesa/boogie mark+c or something like that. He said the distortion comes from the amp first and that he uses some pedals to add a little fuzz to his tone. The thing is though my gear that i listed doesnt give that smoothness and the heaviness that hetfields tone has. ive come pretty close to finding his tone from "Justice" but its not quite nailing it like I'd want it to. I know people will say that I should have my own sound, which I will, but hetfields tone in this album is amazing! If anyone has any of the gear i listed, could somebody PLEEEAASE find this tone or something really close to it? I would be eternally grateful. :)

LONG LIVE THE PRIEST!!