View post (Two questions)

View thread

emmanuel79
emmanuel79
07/27/2001 2:54 pm
Alan, there are many answers to this as music is universal and so to this question. Maybe it is true or not, this is my oppinion. To copy songs, note by note depends on the purpose of use, who is your target listener/audiences as mentioned by skee1, and depends on time changes and mood. This all may come together or maybe not. If you feel like it is a must for you to copy absolutely the same a the record, just do it (NIKE). If you feel you want to make some modifications on songs eventhough you can copy or not, still depends on how you like the crowd to listen it or what the audiences wanted to hear. Some crowds expect you to be as same as the records and some are not. Some will like your own modifications and some will not. If playing in a pub, I agree with what skee1 said. This all depends on what are you doing now and maybe this questions will arise all the time especially when you are a performer. If a person takes it as a hobby, well, this question maybe it is not a big deal at least he/she can play songs. But I believe, mostly guitarist are more to impress, to surprise, to show what can you play. Correct me if I am wrong. Oh, this also means Pride(Alan, you are right!!!) but when it comes to your own original stuff, you nedd to do something with the records/songs you are trying to copy as mentioned by skee1. Or the best, compose your own songs/music and arrangement of music which is you have to create your own tempo/timing, chords progression, lead scale and lead creativity, or ,maybe speed, lyrics, etc etc etc...

For question #2
Well, Realname is Emmanuel, 22 years old and been holding guitar since 12 years old. Working in an educational company dealing with graphic design and multimedia design school, as a Computer Lab Admin. Mostly, i live with the guitar and also the football(soccer). I watch, I play. OK, favourite team is Germany and France, but not my own country.(Traitor!!!) Go to church "almost" every Sunday. Hekekeke... listen to 60s(Beatles especially), blues(eric clapton, santana, gary moore), black metal(deicide,), rapcore(Linkin Park, Limbizkit), classical(Jimmy Van Heusen), vai, satriani, , metallica, guns & roses, dream theatre, white snake, ozzy osbourne, skid row, even latest pop & R&B music and more weird - religious music. Hell!!! This is musician!!!

[Edited by emmanuel79 on 07-27-2001 at 11:35 AM]
*Aliens Understand Music*