View post (Alert Guitarist!!! Influences, style, experience... share everything!!!)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
07/29/2001 1:37 am
Its safe to say that the reason I was attracted to the guitar to begin with is because of the endless possibilities, and the many various styles. ...And of course there was Jimmy Page.

I think every single day, no matter how proficient we are on this instrument we struggle with ourselves, we struggle with feelings of why we have stuck with this instrument for so long and whether or not our efforts are truly worth it. Personally, Ive managed to maintain a very positive attitiude with this instrument from day one and just because a lot of the new music today doesn't do much to inspire me, theres always the past to look into, and theres always a few tricks here and then that we have yet to explore.

And don't get me wrong, there is a lot of music out today, its just a matter of finding it, and the billboard charts aren;t always the most reliable resource..

I Think its safe to say once you master one of your favorite guitar masterpieces, once you master that song that you never thought you could learn by yourself, believe me the road becomes less bumpy, and more exciting from here on there. Where you gain much more confidence to follow your instincts...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."