View post (Alert Guitarist!!! Influences, style, experience... share everything!!!)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
07/27/2001 2:48 am
i first picked up the guitar in 1995. i took about 4 lessons but got nowhere.

then in 1998, i heard stairway to heaven for the first time and that blew my mind. so i started on my own, but my parents didn't have the money for lessos again. i bought a fender telecaster, my favorite guitar. since then i make sure i play the guitar every day. my styles came from handrix, page, and clapton, and later malmsteen.

i play rock with blues and classical influences, together with my Peavey Rage 158 amp, i get a great hard rock sound.
my biggest accomplishment was being able to play eruption. i have worked out most of Crazy Train and yes, stairway to heaven

my idols are hendrix and malmsteen, the top two, in my opinion, guitarists in history.

i have no stage experience, because i can''t find anybody for a band. i love playing and it has gotten me through hard times. i wanat to get into shredding and really work on my speed next.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By