View post (Alert Guitarist!!! Influences, style, experience... share everything!!!)

View thread

PeptoB
PeptoB
07/26/2001 6:43 pm
Well, I've been playing the acoustic guitar for about 4 years now and am proud to say that I'm very satisfied with the unplugged and natural tone of acoustic guitars. In fact I've never thought of switching over to the electric side because all of my greatest influences are ones like Dave Matthews, Tim Reynold and Eric Clapton (with his Martin EC-000)
As far as the experience on stage is concerned, the biggest crowd I've ever played for was around 300 people, mostly for live concert settings for church events and fund raising stuff. I've also played the guitar infront of seniors at nursing homes for about five years as part of my voluteer activity. (although I put most of them to sleep by the end of my fifth song..:rolleyes:

What do I understand about music? Not that much. I'm self-taught and basically learned theories thru learning different styles of songs (such as folk, blues, a little bit of rock and jazz lately)
I've taken piano and violin lessons for years back when I was young so I think I had some knowledge of music scores and chord theories to begin with.
Anyhow, enough babbling, lets hear some other people's stories..