View post (buying a new amp...)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
05/30/2006 8:27 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaI'm with Ninjie...you cant go wrong with a Line6 Spider2...it is the best amp in its price range imo.

6strngs also has a great point. Fender amps are awesome clean.
I wouldnt go with the frontman...try find a Deville used or summin like that...Fender valve amps= sparkly awesome clean tone.

Dunno if they're available in your price range tho

haha...funny that a few people mentioned this amp...cause thats the one i ended up nabbing after about 30 seconds of sessioning it. memorial day went like this: stood in line with a bunch of guitar nerds whilst eating doughnuts and drinking coffee, went inside, saw the line 6 spider II, played it, had an orgasm, and bought it cash money immediately afterward. it was pretty rad cause i got it with the 2x12'' combo, which is more than enough power for anything i would need in my band. keeping into consideration that i love playing all kinds of music, from ska to death metal, i really wanted some versitile mods on the amp. i just got it yesterday and its over at my band's jam room as we speak, and im craving it like heroin....its soooo sick. nuff said. hmmm....putting that baby on twang with the reverb and light tremolo...what an awesome buy. imma take it home tonight and rock out till the wee hours of the morning!
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE