View post (buying a new amp...)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
05/27/2006 5:37 am
as long as you don't want distortion, fender amps are definately the way to go. they make some REALLY good clean sounds. but, tube amps make AMAZING clean tones.

my reccomendations:
fender FM212R - I had one, and it had an amazing clean tone, and amazingly LOUD!!!
peavey valveking - I haven't tried one, but I hear they sound really good, plus it's all tube!
Peavey classic 50 - ask PRSplaya, he'll tell you the tone is amazing, and it's incredibly loud! you'll have to find used though, as it's discontinued
and maybe look around for some Ampeg's (?) Lordathastrings likes 'em, so they must be good!!!

if you want good tone, I'd suggest staying away from crate. who care's if you've got a stack or not? if you sound terrible, people won't care that your amp "looks cool". however I have heard those Marshall MG100DFX half stacks in action (and tried one out at guitar center once) and they really don't sound half bad, so if you're looking for a half stack on a budget, I'd suggest you go with that one over the crate. however to the however I've only really extensively heard their distortion channel, the clean may be crap.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace