View post (Guitarists That Are Jerks)

View thread

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
05/25/2006 1:49 am
You ever know anyone who plays guitar but is a hugeantic jerk ok so theres this guy beenh takeing lessons for about 4 years has his parents to buy him the best gear. then there is me have to save money for gear dont even have a job have never had a lesson in my life only had a guitar for 3 years and for the first year i didnt play it more than i did play it. so this kid thinks he is better than me although his songwriting skills are horrible his soloing and improvising skills, garbage the only thing hes got is speed which we all know is the least important part of guitar also i dont want to sound cocky but my improv soloing and songwriting sense is wayway way better than him and even if he is fast im either almost as fast if not faster but i used to be a jerk too and i think i know whats going on one of my friends wrotwe something decent and i told him it sucked eve n though it was pretty good cuz i was kinda jealous of how he was doing good and yes i know that was a huge jerk thing to do but im totally over it now and i think hes mad/jealous that even though hes got a huge advantage in time and gear im still accelling further than him faster and you might think well if hes been taking lessons his theory must be sick right?... wrong sure its decent but im Quite sure im ahead of him on that . and also im taking up drums and singing too and yet i am still ahead of him but i know all of this sounds like "oh man im so good everyone sucks but me" but it really isnt hes giving me **** all the time does anyone know what i can do about this kid to get him off my back? and also he says **** about guitar players he hasnt even heard play any advice would be great thanks
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"