View post (my upcoming first "gig")

View thread

force_of_shred
force_of_shred
05/15/2006 3:36 am
Thanks guys Ive made up my mind to biuld up the song by starting clean with chorus and reverb and then kicking on a little grit from my boss sd-1 then adding the metal zone and finally wah shortly after.
Ive been practising it this way and I must say it has worked out well! I hope I don't choke come friday though ill let you guys know if there is a "Story" to be made from it. I guess thats the worst that can happen. :cool:

I do have a technical question regarding reverb though is it a bad idea to use amp reverb in a crowded highschool gym? I guess ill have to test the natural reverb when i get there and do my sound test. Also I have a powerfull amp but would it still be wiser to mic it up to the P.A.? this has been pressing on my mind for a while now and it is one of my major concerns,this and the reverb thing. I know that dry with delay would likely be the best but i have no dely pedaljust a bunch of reverb options on my amp. so anybody know what i should do?
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock