View post (my upcoming first "gig")

View thread

force_of_shred
force_of_shred
05/11/2006 11:01 pm
okI live in a small town in Canada and for the first time ever in our school the graduating class wants a classmate (me) to play Oh'Canada on guitar instead of having to bug some little girl to sing it at the cerimonies. And here's the thing Im supposed to play this on may 19th next week! now ive learned the song down pat its all pretty much on the same string so i have the option of adding glorius effects without it sounding like crap. now im wondering whether you guys think it would be approprite to use distortion chorus and wah for all or any part of the song?

ive contemplated starting clean and then kicking on my metal zone for the generaly louder half of the song but im still not sure about how this would effect the audiance.If anybody has some wisdom to give me please do because i don't want to piss people of but i don't to play clean either because i don't feel that that is much diffrent from simply singing the thing.anyway any input here is welcomed. :confused:
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock