View post (Please Help Save The Internet)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
04/26/2006 2:28 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaWhy is it always up to Americans to save the world? /sarcasm

Because we're the only ones stupid enough to risk world wide ridicule and increasingly poor public reputation to solve a particular problem (Saddam Hussein, Al Queda, etc...). If we don't... who will?

This whole internet stuff sounds ridiculous... I don't see why congress would pass a bill that has nothing to do with the general public besides hindering their accessability to the vital (and horrifically non-vital) information we seek everyday... The only thing I can think of is that someone in congress has got a little bit too much invested in a certain communication company and just wants to get richer... Which wouldn't surprise me... After all, this country is about money... how much you have or how much you don't have.

Oh, and the government wonders why the youth of our country don't vote... it's mostly because their stupid ideas... maybe this will cause an influx of youth voters... who knows? I think apathy has got a hold on us all...