View post (Hello Everyone)

View thread

jakej
jakej
04/21/2006 1:50 am
Hey Everyone
I've been lurking in the back ground for a year now. I love this site , some of the best money I have ever spent is subscribing to Guitar Tricks. Thanks to all the instructors and there hours of time spent putting up great material.
I'm from a piano background, 7 years of piano lessons (1960 to 1967). Bought my first guitar in 1968 and loved it. A Teisco out of an Aldons catalogue, I still have it. Played in our High School band (trumpet) and was in a band that played for our high school dances. Man those were the days. (1968 to 1970). Played through a univox amp head 30 watts 2X12's. Still have the head, the speakers died.
After high school my music had to be put aside. The war, family, job. So 35 odd years later. Here I am, the passion is still there for making music. So now it's time to get back to my roots and play some music. One nice thing is I can afford it now. Family is all growed up and out on there own so I'll be hanging around if it's OK.
I like Classic Rock and Blues and Surf Music, the more reverb the better, so hang ten cause it's making a come back.
My web site is www.jakej.com , I have a couple of songs that I arranged on it. Band in the box and Cakewalk Sonar, Fruity Loops. I'm just getting in to recording. I have this music In my head that I need to get out, I just don't have the skills yet. I lost my wife of 32 years last year and the songs are a tribute to her.
So If I chime in with my 2 cents worth it's just an ole hippy lovin how the music never leaves you.....Jake :)