View post (Am I learning properly...?)

View thread

rightturnonly
Full Access
rightturnonly
Full Access
04/29/2006 7:58 pm
Originally Posted by: HardriveI think I have it sorted but what a pain in the ass Ive had to adjust height on all strings so it doesnt buzz on the frets and be able to get intonation right,its not 100% its 3% off but its the nearest I can get it. Wondered why I got the guitar so cheap off an online auction site lol. Ive had to sort out the neck, pickups, bridge hight, intonation screws. And for a beginer it was quite daunting but now its done it really makes a diffrence especially playing down the fret say 12th 15th fret it sounds so much better. I would say to any beginer if you buy a cheap guitar then it will probably need setting up the same problems as ive had and it might pay to get a better quality guitar from a shop if your scared of fiddeling with it or on the other hand get the cheapest you can then it doesnt matter if you stuff it up but what ever you do it can be reversed exept the neck I would say tread carefully with adjusting it only give a little turn and i mean tiny its maybe all thats needed and i found that the neck on mine wasnt 100% when i adjusted it but the next day it was spot on I think cos the wood mooves or adjusts I dont know.
Hey dude! U proably learned a lot. Now U can do it yourself. Sounds like u had a fruitful experience. by the way did U notice that a thicker string will sound sharper @ the 12 fret. ;)